CKEditor 4 Changelog
- #9314: Fixed: Incorrect error message on closing a dialog window without saving changs.
- #10308: [IE10] Fixed: Unspecified error when deleting a row.
- #10945: [Chrome] Fixed: Clicking with a mouse inside the editor does not show the caret.
- #10912: Prevent default action when content of a non-editable link is clicked.
- #10913: Fixed
CKEDITOR.plugins.addExternalnot handling paths including file name specified.
- #10666: Fixed
CKEDITOR.tools.isArraynot working cross frame.
- #10868: [IE8] Prevent the browser from crashing when applying the Inline Quotation style.
- #10915: Fixed: Invalid CSS filter in the Kama skin.
- #10914: Plugins Indent List and Indent Block are now included in the build configuration.
- #10812: Fixed
range#createBookmark2incorrectly normalizing offsets. This bug was causing many issues: #10850, #10842.
- #10951: Reviewed and optimized focus handling on panels (combo, menu buttons, color buttons, and context menu) to enhance accessibility. Fixed #10705, #10706 and #10707.
- #10704: Fixed a JAWS issue with the Select Color dialog window title not being announced.
- #10753: The floating toolbar in inline instances now has a dedicated accessibility label.
- #10689: Save toolbar button saves only the first editor instance.
- #10368: Move language reading direction definition (
dir) from main language file to core.
- #9330: Fixed pasting anchors from MS Word.
- #8103: Fixed pasting nested lists from MS Word.
- #9958: [IE9] Pressing the “OK” button will trigger the
onbeforeunloadevent in the popup dialog.
- #10662: Fixed styles from the Styles drop-down list not registering to the ACF in case when the Shared Spaces plugin is used.
- #9654: Problems with Internet Explorer 10 Quirks Mode.
- #9816: Floating toolbar does not reposition vertically in several cases.
- #10646: Removing a selected sublist or nested table with Backspace/Delete removes the parent element.
- #10623: [WebKit] Page is scrolled when opening a drop-down list.
- #10004: [ChromeVox] Button names are not announced.
- #10731: WebSpellChecker plugin breaks cloning of editor configuration.
- It is now possible to set per instance WebSpellChecker plugin configuration instead of setting the configuration globally.
Dropped compatibility support for Internet Explorer 7 and Firefox 3.6.
Both the Basic and the Standard distribution packages will not contain the new Indent Block plugin. Because of this the Advanced Content Filter might remove block indentations from existing contents. If you want to prevent this, either add an appropriate ACF rule to your filter or create a custom build based on the Basic/Standard package and add the Indent Block plugin in CKBuilder.
- #10027: Separated list and block indentation into two plugins: Indent List and Indent Block.
- #8244: Use (Shift+)Tab to indent and outdent lists.
- #10281: The jQuery Adapter is now available. Several jQuery-related issues fixed: #8261, #9077, #8710, #8530, #9019, #6181, #7876, #6906.
- #10042: Introduced
config.titlesetting to change the human-readable title of the editor.
- #9794: Added
- #9923: HiDPI support in the editor UI. HiDPI icons for Moono skin added.
- #8031: Handle
<textarea>elements — introduced
- #10280: Ability to replace
<textarea>elements with the inline editor.
- #10599: Indent plugin is no longer required by the List plugin.
- #10370: Inconsistency in data events between framed and inline editors.
- #10438: [FF, IE] No selection is done on an editable element on executing
- Added new translation: Indonesian.
- #10644: Fixed a critical bug when pasting plain text in Blink-based browsers.
- #5189: Find/Replace dialog window: rename “Cancel” button to “Close”.
- #10562: [Housekeeping] Unified CSS gradient filter formats in the Moono skin.
- #10537: Advanced Content Filter should register a default rule for
CKEDITOR.dialog.addIframe()incorrectly sets the iframe size in dialog windows.
- Added new translation: Sinhala.
- #10339: Fixed: Error thrown when inserted data was totally stripped out after filtering and processing.
- #10298: Fixed: Data processor breaks attributes containing protected parts.
- #10367: Fixed:
editable.insertText()loses characters when
RegExpreplace controls are being inserted.
- #10165: [IE] Access denied error when
document.domainhas been altered.
- #9761: Update the Backspace key state in
- #6504: Fixed: Race condition while loading several
- #10146: [Firefox] Empty lines are being removed while
- #10360: Fixed: ARIA
role="application"should not be used for dialog windows.
- #10361: Fixed: ARIA
role="application"should not be used for floating panels.
- #10510: Introduced unique voice labels to differentiate between different editor instances.
- #9945: [iOS] Scrolling not possible on iPad.
- #10389: Fixed: Invalid HTML in the “Text and Table” template.
- WebSpellChecker plugin user interface was changed to match CKEditor 4 style.
- Added new translation: Albanian.
- #10172: Pressing Delete or Backspace in an empty table cell moves the cursor to the next/previous cell.
- #10219: Error thrown when destroying an editor instance in parallel with a
- #10265: Wrong loop type in the File Browser plugin.
- #10249: Wrong undo/redo states at start.
- #10268: Show Blocks does not recover after switching to Source view.
- #9995: HTML code in the
<textarea>should not be modified by the
- #10320: Justify plugin should add elements to Advanced Content Filter based on current Enter mode.
- #10260: Fixed: Advanced Content Filter blocks
- #10315: [WebKit] Undo manager should not record snapshots after a filling character was added/removed.
- #10291: [WebKit] Space after a filling character should be secured.
- #10330: [WebKit] The filling character is not removed on
keydownin specific cases.
- #10285: Fixed: Styled text pasted from MS Word causes an infinite loop.
- #10131: Fixed:
undoManager.update()does not refresh the command state.
- #10337: Fixed: Unable to remove
<s>using Remove Format.
- #10192: Closing lists with the Enter key does not work with Advanced Content Filter in several cases.
- #10191: Fixed allowed content rules unification, so the
filter.allowedContentproperty always contains rules in the same format.
- #10224: Advanced Content Filter does not remove non-empty
- Minor issues in plugin integration with Advanced Content Filter:
- #10166: Added transformation from the
floatstyle to preserve backward compatibility after the introduction of Advanced Content Filter.
- #10195: Image plugin no longer registers rules for links to Advanced Content Filter.
- #10213: Justify plugin is now correctly registering rules to Advanced Content Filter when
- #10166: Added transformation from the
CKEditor 4.1 RC
#9829: Advanced Content Filter - data and features activation based on editor configuration.
Brand new data filtering system that works in 2 modes:
- Based on loaded features (toolbar items, plugins) - the data will be filtered according to what the editor in its current configuration can handle.
- Based on
config.allowedContentrules - the data will be filtered and the editor features (toolbar items, commands, keystrokes) will be enabled if they are allowed.
- #9387: Reintroduced Shared Spaces - the ability to display toolbar and bottom editor space in selected locations and to share them by different editor instances.
- #9907: Added the
contentPreviewevent for preview data manipulation.
- #9713: Introduced the Source Dialog plugin that brings raw HTML editing for inline editor instances.
- Included in #9829: Introduced new events,
toDataFormat, allowing for better integration with data processing.
- #9981: Added ability to filter
htmlParser.elementetc. by many
htmlParser.filters before writing structure to an HTML string.
- Included in #10103:
- #9796: Introduced
<s>as a default tag for strikethrough, which replaces obsolete
- #10196: Fixed context menus not opening with keyboard shortcuts when Autogrow is enabled.
- #10212: [IE7-10] Undo command throws errors after multiple switches between Source and WYSIWYG view.
- #10219: [Inline editor] Error thrown after calling
- #9779: Fixed overriding
- #9772: Custom buttons in the dialog window footer have different look and size (Moono, Kama skins).
- #9029: Custom styles added with the
stylesSet.add()are displayed in the wrong order.
- #9887: Disable Magic Line when
- #9882: Fixed empty document title on
editor.getData()if set via the Document Properties dialog window.
- #9773: Fixed rendering problems with selection fields in the Kama skin.
- #9851: The
selectionChangeevent is not fired when mouse selection ended outside editable.
- #9903: [Inline editor] Bad positioning of floating space with page horizontal scroll.
truewhen called onload. Removed the obsolete
- #9893: [IE] Fixed broken toolbar when editing mixed direction content in Quirks mode.
- #9845: Fixed TAB navigation in the Link dialog window when the Anchor option is used and no anchors are available.
- #9883: Maximizing was making the entire page editable with divarea-based editors.
- #9940: [Firefox] Navigating back to a page with the editor was making the entire page editable.
- #9966: Fixed: Unable to type square brackets with French keyboard layout. Changed Magic Line keystrokes.
- #9507: [Firefox] Selection is moved before editable position when the editor is focused for the first time.
- #9947: [WebKit] Editor overflows parent container in some edge cases.
- #10105: Fixed: Broken sourcearea view when an RTL language is set.
- #10123: [WebKit] Fixed: Several dialog windows have broken layout since the latest WebKit release.
- #10152: Fixed: Invalid ARIA property used on menu items.
- Security update: Added protection against XSS attack and possible path disclosure in the PHP sample.
- #9655: Support for IE Quirks Mode in the new Moono skin.
- Accessibility issues (mainly in inline editor): #9364, #9368, #9369, #9370, #9541, #9543, #9841, #9844.
- Magic Line plugin:
- #9754: [WebKit] Cutting & pasting simple unformatted text generates an inline wrapper in WebKit browsers.
- #9456: [Chrome] Properly paste bullet list style from MS Word.
- #9699, #9758: Improved selection locking when selecting by dragging.
- Context menu:
- #9800: Hide float panel when resizing the window.
- #9721: Padding in content of div-based editor puts the editing area under the bottom UI space.
- #9528: Host page
box-sizingstyle should not influence the editor UI elements.
- #9503: Form Elements plugin adds context menu listeners only on supported input types. Added support for
- #9769: Improved floating toolbar positioning in a narrow window.
- #9875: Table dialog window does not populate width correctly.
- #8675: Deleting cells in a nested table removes the outer table cell.
- #9815: Cannot edit dialog window fields in an editor initialized in the jQuery UI modal dialog.
- #8888: CKEditor dialog windows do not show completely in a small window.
- #9360: [Inline editor] Blocks shown for a
<div>element stay permanently even after the user exits editing the
- #9531: [Firefox & Inline editor] Toolbar is lost when closing the Format drop-down list by clicking its button.
- #9553: Table width incorrectly set when the
border-widthstyle is specified.
- #9594: Cannot tab past CKEditor when it is in read-only mode.
- #9658: [IE9] Justify not working on selected images.
- #9686: Added missing contents styles for
- #9709: Paste from Word should not depend on configuration from other styles.
- #9726: Removed Color Dialog plugin dependency from Table Tools.
- #9765: Toolbar Collapse command documented incorrectly in the Accessibility Instructions dialog window.
- #9771: [WebKit & Opera] Fixed scrolling issues when pasting.
- #9787: [IE9]
onChangeis not fired for checkboxes in dialogs.
- #9842: [Firefox 17] When opening a toolbar menu for the first time and pressing the Down Arrow key, focus goes to the next toolbar button instead of the menu options.
- #9847: Elements Path should not be initialized in the inline editor.
editor.addRemoveFormatFilter()is exposed before it really works.
- #8893: Value of the
pasteFromWordCleanupFileconfiguration option is now taken from the instance configuration.
- #9693: Removed “Live Preview” checkbox from UI color picker.
The first stable release of the new CKEditor 4 code line.